Abstraction 3: Abstraction Plugged< Back to Building Block
In this project, the learner will apply their knowledge of abstraction and pattern to solve issues related to every day traffic (estimated 60 min)
By the end of this activity, learners will be able to...
- Apply abstraction skills to use computational models to understand and explore traffic patterns
- Determine safety behaviors in everyday traffic
- Abstraction: Isolating key details while ignoring the remaining elements
- Pattern recognition: Finding patterns among decomposed problems that can help us solve more complex problems
- Simulation: The imitative representation of one system or process functioning in a controlled environment
- Decomposition: The process of breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts
Materials and Resources
- Learners will demonstrate mastery of knowledge in this project by identifying the traffic patterns and determining safety behaviors in everyday traffic.