Art Practice B1.2: Breaking down artistic processes and elements of individual pieces.(Activity)< Back to Building Block
In the project, the learner will apply algorithmic principles to the creative process as used by all arts disciplines (100 - 120 min)
By the end of this activity, learners will be able to...
- Use the computational practice of abstraction to parse out details from another artist’s work
- Make an algorithm for their own creative work of art
- Algorithm: A precise step-by-step set of instructions
- Abstraction: Isolating key details while ignoring the remaining elements
- Styrogami: A type of art that involves transforming styrofoam cups into a piece of art
Materials and Resources
- Materials for a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich
- Styrofoams cups (at least 1 for each learner)
- Hot Glue Guns
- General craft materials
Learners will demonstrate mastery of knowledge in this project by constructing an algorithm for their work of art that could be repeated by another using only their instructions.