LA Practice B1: Enhance writing by using algorithmic logic (Activity)< Back to Building Block
In this project, the learner will create algorithms to determine writing conventions. Then the learner will create a storyboard to draft their own news article that highlights common writing techniques used by journalists when structuring news articles. (90 - 120 minutes)
By the end of this activity, learners will be able to...
- Recognize patterns in writing conventions
- Create and refine a written algorithm as a flowchart to select between two easily confused verbs
- Create and refine a written algorithm as a storyboard to illustrates a text’s literary elements and structure
- Algorithm: step-by-step instructions that deliver an expected result
- Pattern recognition: break down process into smaller parts
- Pattern generalization: create model of observed patterns to test predicted outcome
- Storyboard: a sequential graphic organizer that depicts the order of steps or events
Materials and Resources
Creative Commons & Attributions
Dolasia, K. (2021, May 25). Simone Biles Proves Yet Again She Is The Greatest Gymnast Of All Time. Retrieved 2021, June 10, from https://www.dogonews.com/2021/...