ELA Microcredential 2: Enhance Writing Through Computational Practices (Overview)< Back to Building Block
In this project, the learner will read an introduction to enhancing writing through through computational methods. The prior introductory building blocks you explored set the ground work for understanding the computational thinking practices of Algorithms, Patterns & Data and Abstraction. This set of activities will challenge educators to think about ways to integrate those same computational thinking practices into writing instruction.
By the end of this activity, learners will be able to...
- Make connections between the Computational Thinking practices and how they integrate into the teaching of writing.
- Patterns: Repeating similarities among objects, ideas, and problems
- Data: Quantitative or qualitative information (e.g., text, symbols, etc.) collected for analysis
- Pattern Recognition: Finding patterns among decomposed problems that can help us solve more complex problems
- Abstract: isolate key details while ignoring the remaining elements
- Decompose: the process of breaking down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts