Patterns & Data 1: Intro to Patterns & Data< Back to Building Block
In this project, the learner will define pattern and pattern recognition. They will be asked to connect pattern recognition of data to their school subject. (estimated 40 min)
By the end of this activity, learners will be able to...
- Define pattern recognition
- Draw connections from the data they produce in their own life experiences to identify patterns
- Patterns: Repeating similarities among objects, ideas, and problems
- Data: Quantitative or qualitative information (e.g., text, symbols, etc.) collected for analysis
- Pattern Recognition: Finding patterns among decomposed problems that can help us solve more complex problems
- Data Mining: the practice of examining large databases in order to generate new information
- Data Federation: the creation of a virtual database that aggregates data from distributed sources giving them a common data model
Materials and Resources
- No outside resources needed
Learners will demonstrate mastery of knowledge in this project by showcasing ways in which they can teach pattern recognition in order to support learning in their school subject.